We use massage therapy to help assess and treat areas of muscle tension that could be causing imbalances in the body. These trigger points are often a sign that an underlying muscle imbalance is allowing uneven pressure through joints, which in turn cause pain. Unless these are treated and muscle balance is restored, the body will start to degenerate and can cause arthritic or degenerative conditions in the joints. This is why we are glad to offer a $39 introductory massage (usually $70) along with a free orthopedic exam to expertly treat the imbalance and restore the body to normal function.
The Benefits Massage Therapy
There are many benefits people experience when having massage therapy on a regular basis. Here are a few:
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, therapeutic massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. This translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
In response to Hoffman Estates massage therapy, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with therapeutic massage therapy:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
Contact us at our Hoffman Estates office to schedule an appointment for therapeutic massage, or any of our other services, including chiropractic care, physical therapy or to incorporate our Four Pillars of Health into your everyday life for improved health. Call us at 224-616-5755 or fill out the contact form on the site to request an exam. We will help relieve those aches and pains that can be so common so you can live a more full life.